Beek & Skiff was founded in 1911. They have been selling apples ever since. Today, from their small beginings in Lafayette, New York, they are now one of the bigger producers of apple cider in the state. They make quality products and do a great job. I first became aware of Beek & Skiff back in 2013, when I was working the Finger Lakes Wine Festival.
Last month I was teaching about apple cider and poured the 1911 Rose' Cider. 1911 Rosé Hard Cider is a semi-sweet, blush-hued hard cider that has been increasingly popular in the rose' market. Fresh pressed cider, 100% from New York State, sugar, grape skin extract, and sulfites go into the blend. The cider has notes of strawberry and rhubarb, as well as crisp Granny Smith apple notes, delicate floral undertones, and a light carbonation. Its a light, lovely rose' co-ferment with nice tiny bubbles. You can buy it by the can, or you can buy it in traditional sparkling wine format wine bottles for more romantic or formal occasions. Perfect for celebrations and family gatherings. Also a great way to start any event during the holidays!

