Thursday, May 31, 2012

Glass House Twenty-First (VA)

I've recently written about Glass House. But here's one wine I tasted separately, and I thought I should write about it just so, instead of going back and amending my earlier write up. Sorry for those who are playing along at home.

According to the website, "Glass House’s 2009 Vintage 21st (so named for the 21st amendment that repealed prohibition) is a Bordeaux-style blend of Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Petit Verdot."

This medium-to-dark color garnet red color is beautiful. The nose is all dark cherry with a hint of cassis somehwere therein. A hint of mocha is also on the nose. On the palate cherries still come through as well as plum, and some other dark fruits, and spices. A bit of cocoa also comethough. The finish is long and langerous. A beautiful, beautiful wine!