Sunday, December 12, 2010
Wineries Unlimited Announces Top Speakers for 2011
Wineries Unlimited Announces Top Speakers:
Jim Trezise, President of New York Wine & Grape Foundation
Todd Haymore, Virginia Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry
Santa Rosa, California (December 9, 2010) — Wineries Unlimited 2011, the second largest vineyard and winery trade show and conference in North America, will present several notable speakers including Jim Trezise, president of New York Wine & Grape Foundation, and Todd Haymore, Virginia secretary of Agriculture and Forestry. Produced by Vineyard & Winery Management magazine (http://www.vwm-online.com/) since 1976, the event takes place March 29-April 1, 2011 at the Greater Richmond Convention Center (http://www.richmondcenter.com/) in Richmond, Virginia.
Trezise will be the featured guest at the Keynote Speaker Lunch on March 31, and will discuss the current state of the US wine industry during his presentation of “American Wine Industry Growth: Opportunities and Challenges”. Trezise, who has presided over his organization since its 1985 inception, framed his address as follows: “While the American economy has stalled, the American wine industry has continued to grow strongly with new wineries opening in all states. With continued growth likely, the industry’s future success will depend on meeting key challenges: expanding the consumer base, increasing market access, protecting our rights and, most of all, working together.”
Secretary Haymore will elaborate on Governor Bob McDonnell’s vision and work to expand the domestic and global marketplaces for Virginia wines and to make Virginia the premier wine destination of the East Coast. Haymore will be the featured guest speaker following the governor’s welcoming comments at Best of the East Grand Gala on March 30.
“Jim Trezise and Todd Haymore are presenting very timely subjects,” said Publisher Robert Merletti of Vineyard & Winery Management, “and I expect their words to remain in the minds of attendees long after they’ve returned to their wineries and vineyards.” (The Keynote Speaker Luncheon and Best of the East Grand Gala are ticketed events requiring advanced purchase.)
Over 2,300 winery personnel from 30 American states as well as Washington, D.C. and four Canadian provinces attended Wineries Unlimited in March 2010. Said Vineyard & Winery Management Marketing Director Suzanne Webb: “Our 2011 event is sure to be particularly exciting and well-attended as early indications show this conference will attract more participants than any previous year with registration already doubled and our Trade Show floor sold out well in advance of the show.”
Registration, Lodging and Travel
• Attendees may register for a variety of packages via http://www.wineriesunlimited.com/ or obtain general information at 866.483.0172. Early Bird Registration (20% discount on the Full Conference Option) is available through Dec 31, 2010.
• Lodging for $139/night is available at preferred hotels (Hilton Garden Inn and Richmond Marriott) across from the convention center.
• Travel deals via American Airlines, Delta Airlines and Hertz Car Rental are available at www.wineriesunlimited.com/directions_lodging.
Conference: March 29-April 1, 2011
• Tuesday workshops: Industry Newcomers and Tasting Room Profitability/Wine Club Summit
• Wednesday and Thursday: multi-track sessions on viticulture, enology, and sales and marketing
• Wednesday and Thursday: two-day “buyers’ trade show” for the Eastern wine industry
• Friday workshop: Public Relations Intensive: “The Biggest Bang You Can Get for Your Buck” by Paul Wagner
Wineries Unlimited offers three principal networking opportunities: Welcome Wine Reception, Keynote Speaker Luncheon, and Best of the East Grand Gala featuring gold medal winners from the 2010 Intl Eastern Wine Competition. A grazing buffet lunch takes place at carving stations throughout the trade show on March 30.