Friday, November 12, 2010

I Have Seen the Future of East Coast Wine - It's Virginia!

I just spent three glorious days roaming the highways and byways of the Monticello Trail in Virginia, and met with many people and tasted many wines. And I am here to tell you that Virginia is going to surpass New York, and become the number one wine destination on the east coast in the next five years.

I have already told you the reasons why Virginia will eclipse New York in my post on October 21, 2010.


But I will tell you this....after tasting almost 100 wines in the last week, I was most impressed.

I am going on a Virginia bender for a while. I loved Virginia when I went down their almost 10 years ago, but the state is exploding now with wineries opening up seemingly every day. Hard not to be impressed.