Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Adirondack Winery Sangiovese

I was on a day trip with my sons Dylan and Dawson and we were supposed to go to Fort Ticonderoga, but it turned out the bridge was closed this summer, and we didn't have time to wait for the ferry to go back and forth. So the boys and I decided to turn around and head to Lake George for the day.

After munching on hamburgers and ice cream, and trolling t-shirt and trinket shops, I stumbled upon the Adirondack Winery. Now, this isn't my first post about the Adirondack Winery, but it was my first time visiting there.



Paul and Sasha Pardy own the Adirondack Winery in Lake George, New York. And there was Sasha standing behind the counter when I got there. She recognized me immediately. She was very kind and generous and we talked shop for some time.


But then it was time to get down to tasting. Being a red drinker, I asked to try several of the red wines.


My hands down favorite was the Sangiovese. Their Sangiovese is a fresh red wine. The aromas of strawberry and raspberry that are promised really do come through. This is a big fruit, low tannin wine, so it goes down awfully smooth. A lovely wine for sipping, for cheese, and for pasta dishes. A fun, medium bodied dry red. Great for summer fare! A lot of fun! Great job!

750ml, 12.5% Alcohol by Volume
Label Photograph: Looking up Shepard Park in Autumn, Lake George, NY
Awards: Bronze Medal, 2010 Int'l Eastern Wine Competition.
As part of their "Autumn Brilliance" series of wine labels, their Sangiovese won second place, along with their Zinfandel and Sauvignon Blanc, at the 2009 New York State Wine Labeling & Packaging Competition.