Friday, April 02, 2010

Les Trois Emme Old Vines Zinfandel

Wayne Eline is a very nice man. I failed to take a picture of him and his lovely daughter whom I recently met. But I'll make up for that in the near future. However, here's a picture of the Eline family. That debonair gent, with the mustache at center is the man himself.

And here he is again.

I recently met up with him, and he shared a wonderful new bottling with me and several other folks - Old Vine Zinfandel.

Les Trois Emme is located in New Marlborough, Massachusetts, just outside of Great Barrington. It is family owned and run - but make no mistake who's in charge - Wayne (and of course his very nice wife Mary Jane whom I have met only on the phone). It's a wonderful wine trip experience, and one of the most unique and best tasting room experiences I've ever gone through.

The Old Vine Zinfandel was wonderful. Big, beautiful nose. Lots of dark cherry and dark raspberry, both of which come through on the palate, as well as a touch of vanilla and a touch of pepper at the end. Wayne let the wine sit in oak for a year to soften and mature it. A nice big dry red wine. Very lovely!