Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Castello di Borghese Meritage 2002


We had company the other day, and we were serving cheese to go along wit some wine. One person wanted white, the other four (including myself) wanted red. They were New York state wine drinkers. I wanted to impress.

So I went down to the cellar, and pulled out another old dusty one. This time it was a 2002 Castello di Borghese. This is the second Borghese I've pulled out in the last two weeks.


The Meritage is a Bordeaux blend of 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20 % Merlot, and 20% Cabernet Franc. They use their highest quality, estate grown reserve grapes to make this Meritage.

Smoky cedar and dense plum scents. It was a big, fruity red. Lot's of raspberry and plum on the nose and lots of dark cherry, plum, and raspberry on the tongue. Big and soft. Delicious. Wonderful, dry finish.

We absolutely enjoyed it at the right time! And my friends (and I) were very, very impressed.