Monday, December 07, 2009

COYOTE MOON PINOT NOIR

The grand opening of Coyote Moon Winery, Clayton took place in Jul 2009, in Wine and Grape Month in Jefferson County. The winery had a soft opening June 1 and has seen a lot of customers so far, said owner Philip J. Randazzo, who owns the winery along with his wife Mary Randazzo.

"I've just been blown away by it," he said. "We made what I thought was enough or a little too much and it's going fast."
The winery is open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. The July 18 grand opening will have entertainment and be "a big party."


Coyote Moon Winery has joined Otter Creek, Yellow Barn Winery, and Thousand Islands Winery of the Thousand Islands - Seaway Wine Trail.

So, I found them at the City Winery event on December 6, and decided to give them a try. It's not often I find wines from this region, so I was thrilled.

The wine I liked best was their Pinot Noir. A Nice nose, nice upfront fruit, and a nice, dry finish. A nice wine. Another reason to go to the Thousand Islands.