Sunday, February 24, 2008

Corey Creek's Domaines CC Rose'


So my wife pulled a bait and switch on me the other night. As I was fretting her arrival after having started imbibing without her...she had changed the planned menu. Instead of bringing home salmon steaks and baked potatoes, she ended up bringing home steel head trout and salad with a French baguette.

While she was not pleased with my recent behavoir, having drank a half bottle wiithout her, she was pleased when I brought out a new bottle of wine - a chilled bottle of Corey Creek's Domaines CC Rose'. This wine is a blend of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Cabernet Sauvignon. The fruit comes across pure. It's very clean and with bright acidity and a crisp finish. Bright cherry and boysenberry aromatics come through as promised. It's dry and light and delicious. One of my favorite roses! Excellent!



Suffice to say, I had been smart enough to ply her with roses. Also, we started the kids on a movie, turned down the lights in the dinningroom, lit the candles, and tasted of our broiled trout. Lovingly covered in oilive oil and lightly dusted with Herbs de Provence, the tender fish was flaky and delicious. The mixed greens were lovely. And the wine perfect.

Thanks Corey Creek! I felt like James Bond with just the right move. And more importantly, my wife wife was slightly impressed with me. Only temporarily.